- Take I-95 upper level S/ New Jersey/GW Bridge
- Merge onto I-95 S/GW Bridge
- Take exit 74 towards Palisades Parkway
- Take Palisades Interstate Parkway to exit 9W
- Merge right at the fork to continue on I-87,
- Follow signs for US 6/New York 17/Harriman
- Take exit 16 for New York 17 W toward US 6/Harriman
- Continue onto NY-17W
- Take exit 96 toward Livingston Manor
- Take Main st. to Shandelee Rd. in Callicoon
- Turn right onto Debruce Rd.
- Turn left onto Old Rte 17/Rock Ave.
- Take the 2nd right onto Main st.
- Continue onto Shandelee Rd.
- Take right onto Huber Rd.
- Take left onto Clearwater Estates Drive
- Clearwater Estates Cabin on your left!
Total Travel Time: 2 Hours
Total Travel Time: 2.5 - 3 Hours approx
The only regularly scheduled public transportation between New York City and Sullivan County is the Short Line Bus that runs between Monticello and Port Authority. The bus runs about every two hours, and generally takes 1:50 (depending on time of day.)
A few departures have connecting service from Roscoe and Liberty, but because those connectors are locals, it’s often faster to drive to Monticello for a pick-up or drop off guests.
There is free parking at the Short Line Bus station in Monticello, but it's limited. During our "off season", overnight parking is generally available in the Short Line lot for short trips to the city.
But the Short Line lot really isn't an option if you want to leave your car there every week from Monday to Friday. During the summer season, though, parking there can be tight.
Upon train arrival you will need a car for transport to Clear Water Cabin. See 'Driving Directions' for map.
Total Travel Time: 3.5 Hours
(New Jersey Transit / Metro North to Middletown and Port Jervis)
In the southwest part of Sullivan (Barryville, Glen Spey) or the southeast part of Sullivan (Wurtsboro) is the Port Jervis train line, operated by New Jersey Transit in cooperation with Metro North.
The train is less expensive than the bus, but it's much slower, approximately 3.5 hours in total travel (train 2hr + drive from station to cabin 1hr).
The trip from Port Jervis to New York Penn Station takes about 2:20. The train from New York Penn Station to Middletown takes about 2:00. Schedule information is available on the MTA website.
Upon train arrival you will need a car for transport to Clear Water Cabin. Transport from either station takes approx 1hr. See 'Driving Directions' for map.